Friday, January 16, 2009

Pineapple Tarts


Chinese New Year is approaching soon, I had enlisted many treats in my to-do projects. Decided to kick those lazybones of mine, since I was home yesterday afternoon. (LS, forgone my nap :P)

This is the 2nd year I am making pineapple tarts. Usually i like to do the closed type as I do not know how to make the open type less dry. You could also insert a clove to make the tart look like a tangerine or apple (depending on which way the clove is inserted). It would smell really heavenly when the spices are baking in the oven. But my kids do not like the clove thing, so made them without it this round.

Did 2 versions, the smaller ones are the kiddo mouth-size bites. Usually I hate cleaning up after the kids. And I find that the normal tart sizes are not meant for children's mouth, leaving trails of crumbs. :P


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks delicious! Bet it'll be all gone soon.

Beary said...

Thanks. This receipe has a nice melt-in-the mouth texture.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...