Tuesday, April 13, 2010

My baby is 5!

My little "baby" Buttercup turns five! Time flies, but she will still be the baby of the house.
This was what I did for her 2 celebrations - one at parents-in-law's and another at her childcare centre. Cute little train, filled with goodies in their carriage.
We were browsing through the websites for lovely cakes, and she asked for a train/dino/butterfly. The frosting is buttercream, though I personally like fresh/whipped cream better. Buttercup helped by colouring the frosting with pink, green and blue. Frosting a cake was not as simple as it looks from the videos on the internet. The crumbs seem to get in the way. Was stressed that if the cake did not turn out as expected, I would have to rush to buy an alternative. But I wanted to make it turn out right as the gals' expectations were already there.
Her friends loved the cake, Buttercup was proud, her teacher was inspired. I was pleased with it too! Coz I had a lot of fun making it.
Receipe for frosting:
100g butter
100g shortening
250g icing sugar
3 tablespoons fresh milk
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
colouring

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...